Friday, February 25, 2011

Vance & Hines Side Shots...

My 883 w/ Vance and Hines Side Shots...


Customization is the heart of every Harley. Almost no two are completely alike: at some point an accessory will be added and a customization will take place. For the Sportster (particularly the Nightster and Iron 883 models) the exhaust is the first stock part to go. Those shiny chrome pipes do look rather nice on a bike that is mostly 75-90% black iron. However, blacked out staggered Vance & Hines look a whole lot better!

Vance & Hines Side Shots and Short Shots give the Iron 883 and Nightsters an understated look and bold sound. Vance & Hines Black Line of exhaust systems features full coverage heat shields coated with durable race-quality black ceramic. Contrasted with a signature chrome badge and end treatment, the Black Line takes style and quality into a brave new world.
Features include:

• Full coverage heat shields featuring race quality black ceramic coating
• Signature chrome badge and end treatment for a sleek contrast style
• Power Chamber design yields 2-into-1 performance from a dual pipe appearance
• Welded-in ports for factory Oxygen sensors






I have the Side Shots installed on my bike and they are gorgeous... I'm complemented all the time by fellow bikers. These pipes are a pretty much a must have upgrade item.

A note of caution however: like I said before I own these pipes and I wouldn't post or recommend just anything on this blog so believe me when I tell you THESE PIPES ARE LOUD and I mean LOUD. I have a slight hearing problem in one ear and they are still loud to me. VH offers an optional set of "quiet baffles" (and to save my hearing I have ordered these baffles and will have installed soon) for Side Shots and Short Shots. See video below for comparison. Nonetheless, if you're a true hardcore H.O.G. then these pipes {sans the quiet baffles} are like lullabies to your ears. Not so much for me though...



VanceandHines.com
If your interested in these pipes, last time I checked, you can't purchase directly from Vance and Hines so here are a few Amazon links to get you started:
Vance and Hines Short Shots XL models
Vance and Hines Side Shots XL models

No comments:

Post a Comment